The ability to present well can be a significant benefit in organizational life. It can help you to present your ideas, gain support for your recommendations, train or coach others, gain promotion or achieve a pay rise and many other benefits. Despite the clear advantages, this apparently does little to quell the fears that are held by the vast majority of people – the fear of formally presenting to a group. In fact, most people are more comfortable in dealing with death, bankruptcy, taxes, divorce, imprisonment, snakes, spiders, mice and the dark – quite a list!
At the end of this storyboard-based session, the fear of presenting or public speaking may not be much less (only greater confidence born of practice will really help here). However, the goal is to focus on two key areas in which
improvements can be made. These are:
- The way in which a presentation is assembled, structured, focused and given context.
- The styles choices that are available in delivering a given message and interacting with an audience.
This four page Mini-Facilitator Guide provides slide-by-slide presentation notes and suggested exercises for presenting a half or full day workshop using the One Page Coach Storyboard on Presentation Skills. The package includes the Mini-Facilitator Guide, a copy of the related Storyboard and reprint permission for your first 10 copies of the Storyboard. There is an optional set of PowerPoint slides available. See the "Related Products" listed on this page for more details on the PPT option.
This topic is presented in four stages. These sequential stages consist of:
- Prepare or gather data and start planning the presentation you intend to make.
- Organize or start gathering the content and other resources that will make the presentation a success.
- Deliver or ensure that the presentation is given in a clear and concise way to the audience.
- Respond to questions and they occur at the end of the presentation and review how to make improvements, as and where necessary.
The One Page Coach® family of products was designed for trainers, facilitators, coaches, mentors and others responsible for guiding individuals on their learning journey. Built around a simple “storyboard,” One Page Coach® resources aim to provide the trainer/facilitator with an integrated set of tools for presenting one of our 96 topics in as little as 2 hours, or as much as a day.
For many of our One Page Coach® titles, we offer a complete workshop kit. Kits include:
- Participant Workbook
- Facilitator’s Guide including exercises, discussions, case studies and role plays for interactive learning
- Mini-Facilitator Guides comprised of slide by slide facilitator notes and suggested exercises.
- Presenter’s Powerpoint Slide Packs containing a slide for each of the panels of the storyboard
Check the webstore to see if the title you want is currently available in a kit. Or email us to ask when it will be available in the store. Reprint licenses are available if you wish to reproduce copies of the Storyboards or Participant Workbooks for a class.
The One Page Coach® family of products was designed for trainers, facilitators, coaches, mentors and others responsible for guiding individuals on their learning journey. Managers have also found the storyboards and related training materials useful for team meetings and as a reinforcement tool for important training messages.
This product is a downloadable PDF. By purchasing this product, you are entitled to print one copy for your use. Photocopying and distributing the storyboard to others is a violation of the copyright. If you wish to make additional copies of this storyboard for use in a classroom or other group setting, you may purchase a reprint licence from this webstore.